Haverfordwest County AFC are looking to recruit a First Team Manager.
About Haverfordwest County AFC
Haverfordwest County AFC are based in Pembrokeshire in south west Wales, and were founded in 1899. Haverfordwest County were founder members of the League of Wales in 1992–93. In 2004, they qualified for Europe via league position in the League of Wales and played in the UEFA Cup, losing 4-1 over two legs to Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar of Iceland. They currently play in the JD Cymru Premier, and recently completed their second season back in the top-flight after a five-year absence.
Club Vision & Philosophy
To establish itself as a JD Cymru Premier side competing in European competition within the next three years, and work its way towards a full-time professional club in the longer term. The club has an academy consisting of competitive football from under-8s to Development (17-19) and would want the First Team Manager to develop the club philosophy in line with senior people within the academy to produce quality talent for First Team football on an annual basis. Off the field, the club wants to continue to develop its community programme and be a key figure in the local area.
Job Title: First Team Manager
Reporting to: Chairman of the Board
Overall Purpose of Job:
• To manage, organise and deliver a competitive First Team squad containing players who have a winning mentality and the desire to be the best they can be.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties:
• To continue the development of the club’s football strategy whilst maintaining a successful team on the pitch.
• To ensure that the club continues to develop players within the club’s successful player pathway.
• To manage a team of technical assistants and fully utilise the data available in areas such as sports science, player performance and analysis, ensuring that players are able to perform at their optimum levels at all times.
• To develop the club’s recruitment strategy in line with the club’s football philosophy.
• To work with the club’s medical team to ensure the best provision is available for a player’s health, fitness and well-being.
• To adhere to club policies and standards at all times.
• Develop a strong working relationship with the club’s Senior Management team and Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required:
• High levels of communication skills, both orally and written.
• Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
• Good team player who can work on own initiative.
• Must have outstanding leadership qualities and an understanding of good discipline protocol.
• Having proven experience of working within a successful professional football environment.
• Be financially aware of current transfer and player markets.
• Have sound financial expenditure controls.
• A current holder of a UEFA Pro licence qualification or working towards (preferable).
Equality and Diversity:
Haverfordwest County AFC are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Haverfordwest County AFC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks.
All applicants to forward their CV with a covering letter by email to Rob Edwards, Chairman, on email@example.com before the closing date of 30 June 2022.