Haverfordwest County AFC are looking to recruit a full-time General Manager.
About Haverfordwest County AFC
Haverfordwest County AFC are based in Pembrokeshire in south west Wales, and were founded in 1899. Haverfordwest County were founder members of the League of Wales in 1992–93, and, in 2004, they qualified for the UEFA Cup via league position in the League of Wales, losing 4-1 over two legs to Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar of Iceland. The club currently competes in the Cymru Premier, and this is their second season back in the top-flight after a five-year absence.
Club Vision & Philosophy
To establish itself as a Cymru Premier side competing in European competition and working towards being a full-time professional club within the next three years. The club has an academy consisting of competitive football from under-8s to Development (17-19). Off the field, the club wants to continue to develop its community programme and be a key figure in the local area.
Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: Chairman of the Board
Location: The Ogi Bridge Meadow Stadium, Haverfordwest
Conditions: Full-Time (Minimum 40 hours per week)
Salary: Between £30,000 to £35,000 per annum, plus benefits.
Overall Purpose of Job
- Ensure smooth delivery of pre, during and post-match operations.
- Manage relationships between Haverfordwest County AFC and key partner organisations – including the relationship development with key funding partners and sponsors to ensure sustainability across the club and successful implementation of its business plan.
- Constitute as the face of the club for all non-football matters and ensure that the club and its staff always present the club professionally and in a positive light.
- Liaise and support Haverfordwest County AFC’s media team in the promotion of fixtures, events, commercial opportunities and community activities.
- Co-ordinate the general running and maintenance of the club’s facilities, instilling a culture of continuous improvement and optimisation of fans’ matchday experience.
- Liaise closely with the club’s First Team Manager to ensure that football and non-football activities are aligned and mutually supportive.
- Maintain a supportive and flexible approach in response to supporters and the club’s needs.
- Fulfil player liaison and team management duties – including matchday travel/logistics and ensuring compliance to FAW rules and broadcaster requirements.
- Ensure the club meets all licensing requirements.
- Represent the club in all governing body meetings and workshops.
- Support the Board and coaching staff in the implementation of club-related projects/transformation, including the development of the club’s academy, women’s and girls’ teams.
- Take an active coaching (or support role) in football activities as required, including academy, women’s and men’s first team.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Good team player who can work to own initiative.
- Strong leadership qualities and an understanding of good conduct.
- A robust commercial acumen and experience, including sound financial control.
- Proven experience of working within a successful professional football environment.
- A proficient knowledge of Welsh, UK and European football.
- A current holder of the UEFA C licence qualification (UEFA B licence preferred).
- A valid DBS certificate.
Equality and Diversity
Haverfordwest County AFC are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Haverfordwest County AFC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks.
All applicants should forward their CV, with a covering letter, by email to Rob Edwards (Chairman) on email@example.com before the closing date of Friday 22nd April 2022.
Haverfordwest County AFC have been granted a Sponsors Licence by The Home Office, meaning suitable applications from non-UK citizens can be considered (subject to meeting relevant eligibility criteria).