A late double from Jack Wilson saw Haverfordwest County come from behind to defeat Cefn Druids 2-1 and pick up a vital three points in the JD Cymru Premier.

The Bluebirds trailed for much of the game in a tight tussle at the Ogi Bridge Meadow, after Emmanuel Agyemang bundled the ball over the line from close range after a goalmouth scramble.

County pushed hard for an equaliser, and eventually found it when Dylan Rees’ flick on from a corner fell into the path of Wilson, who made no mistake from a few yards out in to bring the hosts level.

The thoughts quickly turned to searching for a winner, and, dramatically, Wilson was on hand again as he showed great composure to take a touch from Alaric Jones’ cross, before sitting goalkeeper Ryan Neild down and poking in to spark wild celebrations from the home supporters.

It was far from a straightforward afternoon for the Bluebirds, who were forced into an early change when Iori Humphreys replaced Mason Jones-Thomas, who was unable to continue after five minutes of play.

There were a couple of sighters in the early stages for Wayne Jones’ men, with Wilson’s shot deflected behind, before Ben Fawcett’s effort was blocked, falling into the path of Kieran Lewis who also had a shot deflected for a corner.

© RawPhotography

The visitors took the league just before the half hour mark, when a shot from inside the area fell into the path of the onrushing Agyemang who, despite the best efforts of Jones, got just enough contact on the ball to force it over the line.

County went in search of an equaliser as half-time approached, with Lewis striking just wide before Danny Williams glanced a header just over the crossbar.

It was one-way traffic for much of the second-half, as the Ancients looked to defend their slender lead. Elliot Scotcher nearly brought the Bluebirds level when his free-kick grazed the bar on its way over.

Fawcett was next to go close as his shot flew just wide of the left upright, as County began to turn the screw.

They were level five minutes later when a corner was headed towards goal by captain Rees, and Wilson showed excellent reactions to stick a foot out and direct the ball past Neild, who had no chance in the Druids goal.

© RawPhotography

The visitors were reduced to 10 men a couple of minutes later when Niall Flint was shown a straight red card for a strong challenge in midfield.

The momentum was firmly with the Bluebirds at this point, and they were able to make their pressure count when Wilson scored from close range to send the County supporters into pandemonium.

Following the victory, Jones’ side climb to 9th place in the JD Cymru Premier, and are next inn action on Tuesday (October 26) evening when they host Cardiff Metropolitan University in the quarter-final of the Nathaniel MG Cup.