The Bluebirds travelled to mid-Wales on Saturday, where a commanding performance and goals from Kieran Lewis, Cameron Keetch and Marcus Griffiths saw the away side take all 3 points.

There was an early scare for the Bluebirds as a free-kick was whipped in from the Newtown right, but it sailed passed the back post without a touch. Matt Turner was called into action as he tipped Mwandwe’s cross onto the crossbar, and the ball was scuffed wide from the follow up.

The Bluebirds grew into the game and after great play down the right, the ball was crossed to Lewis, who volleyed just wide of the post. However, Lewis didn’t squander his next chance. Corey Shephard picked out Keetch down the left with an inch perfect pass, Keetch then pulled back for Lewis who slotted home to give the Bluebirds the lead.

Corey Shephard almost caught the Newtown goalkeeper out from the halfway line, but his volley dropped onto the top of the net. Just before half time, Turner was called into action as Mwandwe raced into the box and struck a low, left-footed shot which was well-saved. The half time whistle blew with the Bluebirds ahead.

The Bluebirds came out on the front foot in the second half, Kieran Lewis almost doubled his tally for the day as he headed a Jazz Richards just wide at the near post. Just over 10 minutes into the second half, the Bluebirds doubled their lead. Kieran Lewis flicked the ball towards Corey Shephard, who controlled and rolled the ball towards the onrushing Keetch who rifled the ball into the top corner.

Newtown had plenty of possession but failed to trouble Turner in the Haverfordwest goal. The ball fell to Nick Rushton in the box, but his shot was dragged wide and Shane Sutton volleyed over from the edge of the box.

Ben Fawcett was introduced for the Bluebirds, and he was soon racing through on goal, but the pressure from McAllister was enough to force his shot over the bar. As Newtown committed more bodies forward, Corey Shephard stepped up to play a brilliant ball over the top which was chased down by Marcus Griffiths, who rounded the Newtown keeper to finish the scoring and make it 3-0 to the Bluebirds.

The Bluebirds now face Penybont away on Good Friday for a 5pm kick off