Elliot Scotcher’s 95th minute free-kick ensure the Bluebirds took a point at home after Druids were reduced to 10-men on the hour mark.

Druids had a golden chance within the first few minutes as a corner was whipped in from the left, the towering Jacob Wise had a free header but it sailed wide of the near post. On the 10 minute mark, good footwork from the Druids frontmen allowed Azimale to get a shot away in the box but it was well over. Sam Phillips then cut in from the right for the Druids, but also fired his shot well over the bar.

The Bluebirds did have the ball in the net on the 24th minute as Scotcher hooked the ball into the Druids box with Scott Tancock finishing. However, the linesman raised his flag and the goal was disallowed for offside. The Bluebirds’ best chance came just before half time as Jack Wilson fired a low cross that evaded everyone and Mark Jones fired over from a few yards out under pressure from a Druids defender.

It was then Druids who had two chances just before the break. A counter attack saw the ball whipped across the box but Azimale was inches short of making contact with the ball. Druids kept the ball alive and this time Azimale had his shot from 6 yards out but it was a comfortable save for Gajda. The half ended scoreless after few clear-cut chances.

The Bluebirds found themselves behind seconds into the second half after Faux capitalised on a slip and the back and finished at the near post passed Gajda. It was almost two shortly after as Azimale was through on goal but Wojciech Gajda got down to make a smart save.

On the 60th minute, Ryan Kershaw saw red after receiving a second yellow card for trip on Scott Tancock. Following the sending off, the Bluebirds enjoyed the majority of possession but struggled to make the extra man count. The Bluebirds did fashion a chance as Scott Tancock played an excellent ball through to Jack Wilson, who controlled but fired a volley over the bar.

Druids still presented danger as Jamie Reed played in Edge, who volleyed but Gajda saved well. The Bluebirds enjoyed the possession but couldn’t fashion many chances. However, Elliot Scotcher stepped up in the 95th minute to rifle home a free kick from 25 yards to rescue a point for the Bluebirds.

County now face Barry Town United on Tuesday (8th Dec) night for a 7.45pm kick off