A last minute winner from Blaine Hudson saw the Bluebirds denied a deserved point in Oswestry.

A rainy evening saw the Bluebirds travel north again, this time to face previous winners of the Cymru Premier, The New Saints. Wayne Jones made it clear in his pre-match comments that the Bluebirds were there to play, and give the professional side a game. On 11 minutes, that came true. Corey Shephard won the ball back in midfield, drove forward and played an inch perfect pass to Jack Wilson, who slotted the ball passed Harrington to give the Bluebirds an early lead.

TNS enjoyed the majority of the possession following the goal, but the Bluebirds held their own. Some excellent inter-play between Clark and Robles almost led to a goal, but the latter scuffed his shot wide. Following the pressure, Ben Clark headed home from the back post after a great cross from the right.

Despite the setback, County began to grow into the game and used the ball well. Kieran Lewis had a shot dragged agonisingly wide from the edge of the box, and Ricky Watts had the ball in the net after Harrington saved a Mark Jones shot, but Watts was ruled to have been offside. The half time whistle blew with the scores level.

The second half started as the first, with some great opportunities for the Bluebirds; Kieran Lewis opened up the midfield and curled an effort that was destined for the top corner until Harrington intervened. Lewis was involved again in the 51st minute, dancing in the box until he was brought down for a penalty. Danny Williams stepped up and does what he does best, 2-1 to the Bluebirds.

Just 6 minutes later, after significant TNS pressure, Daniel Summerfield performed an acrobatic clearance off the line to keep the Bluebirds in front. Unfortunately, the Bluebirds’ lead last only 10 minutes as the ball was bundled in at the back post from a free kick with a suspected Sean Pemberton own goal.

The Bluebirds did not sit deep and play for a point. Jack Wilson controlled well on the edge of the box and then released a shot that looked to have looped Harrington in the TNS goal but he tipped it just over the bar. Matthew Turner then stepped to make a couple of excellent saves. First he flew off his line to deny Robles in a one-on-one situation and then got down low to his left to smartly stop a Ryan Astles drive. The Bluebirds continued to keep TNS at bay with some brave defending.

However, TNS took the lead for the first time in the 91st minute, Turner spilled a shot in the box and it fell to Blaine Hudson who tapped home. Heartbreak for the Bluebirds, but a performance to be proud of.

The Bluebirds now welcome Bala Town to the Bridge Meadow, next Saturday (31st) for a 5.15pm kick off in front of the Sgorio cameras