Late goals from Jack Wilson and Danny Williams secured all 3 points for the Bluebirds on a trip to a windy Deeside.

Wayne Jones said in midweek that he was looking for a response after a resounding defeat to Penybont, and the boys duly delivered. The opening 15 minutes at the Essity Stadium were cagey at best, with barely a half chance registered. On 16 minutes came a contender for miss of the season from Cadwallader, as the ball bounced to his feet only 2 yards from goal, and just when it seemed impossible to miss his blazed the ball over the bar. An early let off.

Flint continued to have the best of the chances, and a low cross from the Flint left evaded everyone apart from Kurtis Rees who cleared off the line. After this, the Bluebirds began to grow into the game. Marcus Griffiths was inches away from turning in a Danny Williams low cross, and then Griffiths had a strike from the edge of the area saved by Aaron Jones just a minute later. As half time approached, neither team had a firm grip on the game and 0-0 seemed a fair reflection.

Whatever Wayne Jones said at half time clearly worked, as the Bluebirds came out fighting. The midfield trio of Kurtis Rees, Jack Britton and Corey Shephard began to link well and only a couple of poor passes into the final third denied the Bluebirds some good chances. Then, on 57 minutes, on came chief defence terroriser, Jack Wilson. The pacey frontman had an instant impact.

Kurtis Rees had a header across goal that was once again missed by only some inches by Marcus Griffiths, and Jack Wilson drove in a low cross but Danny Williams pirouette and flick was well saved. Both chances for the home side in the second half fell to Rob Hughes, who firstly drove at the Haverfordwest defence and struck a fierce shot that was expertly saved by debutant Matthew Turner. Then, just minutes later he missed the target at the back post when he seemed destined to score.

Just a minute after this attack the Bluebirds were ahead. Danny Williams slid Ben Fawcett down the right, who then powered a low cross across the face of the goal and it was tapped in at the back post by that man Jack Wilson. Shortly after, on the 82 minute, Jack Wilson was dancing around the Flint defence once again, but was this time brought down in the box for a penalty. Danny Williams stepped up and scored his 4th goal of the campaign.

The Bluebirds weren’t content with this and had a couple more golden opportunities to extend the lead. Jack Wilson took on half of Flint once again, but as Ben Fawcett was waiting for a tap in, Wilson couldn’t quite square the ball. A great team move followed a minute later, Corey Shephard received the ball after the hard work of Ben Fawcett, Shephard then slipped the ball through to the marauding Ricky Watts, who neatly cut inside but his eventual shot was held by Jones in the Flint goal. After seeing out 4 minutes of added time, the final whistle was blown and all 3 points came home with the Bluebirds.

We now welcome Caernarfon Town to the Bridge Meadow on Saturday (17th Oct) for a 2.30pm kick off.