Jack Wilson scored a 94th minute winner to secure the Bluebirds’ first 3 points of the season during a tough battle at Maes Tegid.

It was a wet and windy Saturday in Bala where the Bluebirds travelled to face another tough test. Bala got off to the better start with numerous earlier chances. Will Evans flicked a corner over the bar, Steve Hall stopped a Chris Venables lob and Oliver Shannon hit the crossbar from a cleared corner in what was a dominant first 10 minutes for Bala.

Danny Williams did have the ball in the net for the Bluebirds on 11 minutes but was judged to be offside from Kieran Lewis’ pass. On 13 minutes, Chris Venables had a powerful header saved by Steve Hall. Just as the Bluebirds began to grow into the game, the home side were awarded a penalty. Chris Venables leaped to meet a cross and the referee claimed that Scott Tancock had pushed him in the process and awarded a penalty. Venables himself then stepped up and fired home a good penalty.

However, this was as good as it got for Bala; shortly after the penalty a Cameron Keetch free-kick ricocheted to Danny Williams but he blasted his volley over the bar. As the Bluebirds began to put the pressure on, Dan Summerfield picked out an unbelievable lofted pass to Danny Williams on the edge of the box who lobbed the Bala goalkeeper with a header on 33 minutes.

In the 10 minutes either side of half-time, there were very few chances for either side. On the 69th minute, Jack Wilson entered the fray and had an immediate impact. His pace proved a reliable outlet for County attacks as the Bluebirds began to take the game by the scruff of its neck. Corey Shephard, Danny Williams and Jack Wilson all had drives from the edge of the box go wide as the Bluebirds were pressing. Bala had plenty of the ball in this period, but the heroic centre back trio of Sean Pemberton, Ricky Watts and Scott Tancock let very little through them as time ticked on.

The scoreboard was raised, and 4 minutes were added on. As Bala committed more men forward, Corey Shephard won the ball in the centre of midfield, and passed to Kieran Lewis. Lewis then drove at the Bala defence with Shephard and Wilson either side. Wilson stayed onside, received the ball, cut inside and curled the ball passed Alex Ramsay into the right corner of the net with the last kick of the game. Pandemonium ensued.

The referee then blew the final whistle and all 3 points were coming home to Pembrokeshire.

We now face Penybont on Tuesday (6th Oct) at the Bridge Meadow for a 7.45pm kick off.