The Bluebirds fell to their first defeat of the season as a clinical Nomads side triumphed 4-1 at the Bridge Meadow.

A tough fixture from the outset was made even more difficult when potential debutant Wojciech Gajda was injured in the warm up and was replaced by the capable Steve Hall.

The Nomads started better with lots of the ball and a handful of chances, with Sameron Dool having the best of those, but he dragged his shot wide after being through one-on-one. The deadlock was broken after Steve Hall made a smart save from Danny Davies, but the ball fell to Craig Curran who tucked home. For a period after this, Nomads dominated the ball moving side to side but there were few clear cut chances. Marcus Griffiths had an early attempt from the edge of the box for the Bluebirds but it drifted wide.

Following good work from Jack Wilson, the Bluebirds had an opportunity to whip a ball in from the left and create problems from a free kick. Up stepped Cameron Keetch who curled a beauty into the box which struck the post, but captain Sean Pemberton was there to stick in the rebound on 33 minutes. The goal rejuvenated the home side who battled well for the remainder of the first half.

The second started as well as the first finished for the Bluebirds with Nicky Palmer having the chance of the game. Link up play between Danny Williams and Marcus Griffiths led to a cross to the far post from the latter, and with the goal gaping, Palmer headed agonisingly wide.

Nomads then went up the other end and scored to make it 2-1. A deflected shot fell into the well-positioned Craig Curren who tapped in to put the Nomads in front. Just 60 seconds later, the Nomads doubled their lead. Danny Davies controlled a ball at the back post which fell to Aeron Edwards who slotted under Steve Hall.

The Nomads then controlled the game and made it 4 with another deflected cross that fell to Declan Poole who tapped in. There were a couple of late chances for the Bluebirds with Ben Fawcett rattling off a strike that was well met by Lewis Brass.

Despite the scoreline, there were many positives for the Bluebirds who now travel to Barry Town United on Wednesday (30th) for a 7.45pm kick off.